Sunday, November 22, 2015

On Steps

There's this movie What About Bob? it was a pretty big hit-Bill Murray and all.  Well there's this idea..."baby steps." If you break down a harrowing journey into single, tiny, baby steps. I've found myself whispering "baby steps" all week to myself like...well a crazy person...please no comments.  Ha! Well anyway it's gone something like this:

Bob Wiley: ...baby step onto the elevator... baby step into the elevator...I'm *in* the elevator.

[doors close]

Bob Wiley: AHHHHHHHHHHH



This week has been like surfing a sea turtle in a hurricane, but I'm trying to see what I need to learn from it (aside from not giving up and jumping shell).  Sunday I found my answer at church in three ways.

1. One of our speakers was giving a beautiful talk about and the light I gleaned from it was the importance of CHOOSING to be forgiving.  To family members, to friends, to anyone who may have extenuating circumstances leading to an "offense" against me.  To myself for not being more readily forgiving.

2. D teaches Sunday School and always does a spectacular job. I had a good hour to ponder and meditate to myself about what a gift it is to have CHOICES.  We have to outstanding opportunity to make decisions; eggs or cereal, ham or turkey, chocolate or vanilla. Anger or peace.  We do not, however have the opportunity to choose the consequences (good or bad) of these choices, which is a very important truth.

3. When the women all met together later, we had a most heartwarming discussion group, again about CHOICE. The choice to love and be loved in particular; by each other, by God, by ourself! How deserving are we all of choosing to love us, exactly as we are in this very instant.

I'm reminded of a quote by the well beloved Dr. Seuss 


Somedays you can baby step a whole treck of steps in the right direction for you. Other days, you can take a couple baby steps.  And thats a-okay, friends. 

xo, Hannie

No comments:

Post a Comment