Monday, March 12, 2012

On The Music Man: A Confession

"Oh, my dear little librarian. You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering."

And ever since I was a little girl this was the main reason I always picked this movie when we went to rent one. This quote. I'm not sure why it has stuck with me, perhaps because Harold Hill is such a suave, debonaire con man. I mean who could resist his velvet voice and clever repartee? Or perhaps it is his charmingly stubborn counterpart Marian Paroo. Perhaps it is simply a mixture of both. So, I admit it. I'm obsessed. But can you blame me? All I know is that there are two major lessons the music man has taught me.
1. Someday I will feel like this...


and
2. until then I am content with this...


and that is all I have to say on the subject.

1 comment: